1/15/2011

Jim's Birthday


Jim Melian and Molly on his 42nd birthda
Yesterday was my friend Jim’s birthday. Jim is like me – we celebrate our birthdays. None of this “oh, no, poor, poor pitiful me, I’m another year older” garbage! If it’s his birthday (or yours) it's time to have a party – even if it is just me and you! I had to work today but Jim is still out there celebrating his birthday. We believe in birthday months, not just one day. You can’t get enough fun into just one day, you know.  That's what makes us different from most of the rest of you. Jim is a pretty cool cat!

He's one of those people who is still excited about life – he’s a car guy who loves Chevies and he likes to drive. I enjoy spending time with him – I give him a hard time – and he’s a lot of fun because his attitude is always “what’s next?” I never see him moping around. He even likes getting out there and washing his pick-up! I try to get him to wash mine too, but he doesn’t do Dodges, only Chevies. I don’t like washing big old pick-ups much (no matter what kind they are), so Jim’s is clean and mine is… not.  We both like camping too, although our ideas about camping are a little different.  I am a tenter, but Jim likes to take his "luxury" with him -- he camps with his family in a deluxe little travel trailer.  He likes to set it up when they arrive and tinker around with things until it is "just right."

One of the things I like best about Jim is he gets focused and can really pay attention to details – if you see him on the job, he really doesn’t have time to talk to you too much. He's in the "retail-services industry" and when he’s working, he’s working. He’s relentless! That’s where he devotes his energy. That, and to eating of course. He and I could be REAL brothers the way we both like to eat! So that’s what I gave him for his birthday – I gave him some peanut brittle! It’s only yesterday and I’ll bet he doesn’t have any left! (That peanut brittle in the photo down below?  That's Jim's birthday present!)

He’s always got a smile and is always happy to see me. He’s a good friend.

So… Happy birthday, Jim! 

Many more! Thanks for being my friend (and remember, MY birthday is coming up soon...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY!! I hope you've had an amazing birthday month already my dear and remember, you still have 2wks left of the month to continue the celebreation!
BTW: Dane and I both own Chevy's so anytime you want to come and wash our cars, you're more than welcome!
Love you kiddo!!
Kim, Dane, Kaley, Sunny and Kory