5/26/2016

Memorial Day, 2016

I was thinking of all the people, friends or relations, who have influenced my life, touched me in some way, even if only briefly for some, but who have “shuffled off this mortal coil.” We are a product of all we have done, all those we have known. When I think of all who have gone, it makes me appreciate all the more those I still have.

In a sense, we have all of those we’ve lost as well; they live in our memories and we should celebrate that. I have been richer because all of these people were a part of my life – their names are all in my “book.”

In loving memory...

Steven Scott Schaller
Tommy
Old Pete
Old Mr. Abbott
Hugh Kerns
Maybelle Kerns
Ernie Mills
Walter Fink
Retha Harris Fink
Guernsey Pogue
Amelia Cowdrey
Grandma Hicks (Pogue)
John Calvin Disharoon
Dora Mills
Dewey Hannum
Nellie Williams
William “Buss” Pickett
Don Moore
LaVera Sills
Charlie Merritt
Louis W. Schaller
Mahlon Schaller
Doyle I. Pruitt
Lula Belle Pruitt
Lloyd Lanham
Lamar Beaver
Mary Jane Beaver
Robert W. Schaller
John R. Schaller
Mae Whitmore
Nelson Pruitt
Jean Pruitt
Jane Pickett
Mike Pickett
Alice Bell
Donald F. Gillespie
Phyllis Gillespie
Vivian
Sharon Houle
David H. Melian
Ernie Tim Mills
Jeneva Lorene Schaller
Ron Delong
Octavia Den Beste
David Rogers
Ron Abbot

Although I have tried to remember them all, I'm sure there are some I've forgotten at this moment.

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”

Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It and Other Stories   

No comments: